Thursday, February 24, 2011

Travel Photo - A Rural Village in Cambodia

This photo was taken in a rural village about 25 kms outside of Kratie, Cambodia. The previous night while taking an evening stroll along the Mekong River, I was approached by a young Cambodian male in his mid-twenties, named Sambath. To make a long story short, I befriended Sambath and the following day we commuted on his motorbike to his village located in rural Cambodia where he introduced me to his family and friends. A group of his friends invited me into a stilted wooden house where I suddenly found myself amongst friendly non-English speaking Cambodians. Despite that they didn't speak English, we were still able to communicate... because there was an ungodly amount of beer present - the true lingua franca of the world.

Cheers.

-Adam

3 comments:

  1. Hey Adam, nice photo!
    I love Cambodia too! I agree, The people there are so friendly!

    Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, EJ. Indeed. Good times in Cambodia.

    Best,

    -Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man is an artifact designed for space travel. He is not designed to remain in his present biologic state any more than a tadpole is designed to remain a tadpole. Cheap Flights to Singapore

    ReplyDelete