Thursday, February 3, 2011

Red Palm Reunion.


In November 2009 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, my brother and I met heaps of cool people at the hostel, Red Palm. If you recall, this was the hostel where I met Sheila. And through social network services, such as Facebook, we've managed to stay in touch with everyone.

Fast forward one year.

Recently, it was sort of a Red Palm reunion as my Canadian friend Jason, who, after leaving Malaysia and spending one year working in Australia, came to visit Sheila, Elaine, and I in the Philippines. Jason will be here through mid-February before continuing his travels to South America.


However, the reunion wasn't complete with the absence of my brother, Marc, and Tess, who’s from Australia. However, a few months back, Tess and Marc had a bit of a Red Palm reunion of their own when she visited Marc in California while traveling through the US.

Facebook has really played an integral role during my travels, allowing me to keep in touch with people that I've met.

-Adam

1 comment: