Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Singapore, Part 5: The Final Day.

Last full day in Singapore.

[Sigh]

Time flies when you're having fun.

Sheila and I got off to a late start, too. We pretty much lounged around while enjoying one another's company and watched episodes of Glee, one of Sheila's favorite shows.

We eventually pulled ourselves away from the apartment and went into town to have lunch. Afterwards we bought some delicious frozen yogurt and walked to the Fountain of Wealth, the largest fountain in the world. I didn't get to witness the Fountain in all its glory, that occurs only in the evenings; however, we still took a few pictures in front of it.

"Excuse me," Sheila said as she approached a random guy who was with his friends, "Can you please take a picture of us?"

"Yes. Sure."

"Thanks," Sheila responded. "And make sure that your friends are not in the picture, either." I let out a light, soft chuckle. I found Sheila's candor quite humorous.


Afterwards, we sat down at a nearby park bench and began discussing ways in how we could see each other again.

"Would you want me to visit you in Japan when you visit your Aunt?" I asked.

"Of course! I would love to see you in Japan," she excitedly responded. "If you came to Japan, that would be our fourth country that we've been together. I like."

I liked too.

"Okay, well, let's plan on meeting in Japan after I travel to China, then."

"Awww . . . but that's 2 months from now," she said, sounding sad. "I don't like." I didn't either, but I knew the next 2 months would go by like that - SNAP! - and I would be in Japan before I knew it.

Noticing the time on my watch, we headed back to the apartment. Tonight, a few of Sheila's friends, Dawn and Chapz, were coming over to join us for dinner and celebrate Sheila's belated birthday.

Back at the apartment, Sheila checked her email and Facebook through Jeng's phone as the internet for the laptop wasn't working. And as I was reading in a chair next to the window, Sheila asked me a question.

"Adam, who's Guido?"

"Guido? He's a friend of mine from the States. Why?"

"Because he commented on a picture of me that you recently posted."

I don't know but, to me, the way she sounded as she proceeded to read his comment was hilarious.

"He said, 'Where's a major wind gust when you need one? ;-)' "

I about fell off my chair I was laughing so hard. Sheila didn't find it as funny as I did, however.

Good ol' Guido. Miss ya, buddy.

Soon Sheila's friends, Dawn and Chapz, arrived at the apartment and we all enjoyed a delicious dinner and b-day cake. Mmm . . . mmm good.

Sadly the time had arrived in which Sheila and I were leaving Singapore and parting ways. We woke up early and took the MRT all the way to the last line: The airport.

We had breakfast at McDonald's and enjoyed our final moments being . . . well, goofy.

Next I walked with her up to the point where I couldn't continue any further.

"Well, I guess this is it, " I said, feeling at a loss of words.

"Awww . . . I'm going to miss you, Adam."

"I'm going to miss you too," I responded. "But, hey, two months."

"Two months," Sheila repeated, smiling. And we exchanged a hug and kiss before I headed back to my terminal, located way over yonder on the other side of the airport.



"Two months," I thought to myself as I began boarding the plane. "Two months."

How many people board a plane heading to Phuket, Thailand, wishing they were going somewhere else? But, nah, it's going to be an amazing 2 months. The plan was to revisit some friends in Thailand for a month before heading to China where I would meet my cousin, Jessica.

Japan will be here like that - SNAP!

-Adam

Next Stop: Phuket, Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment